Saturday, November 01, 2008

NaBloPoMo 1 of 30

For years, I have looked at the month of November wistfully. November is NaNoWriMo. (National Novel Writing Month, for the uninitiated.) The goal is for anyone with a dream of being a writer to pound out at least 10,000 words in the month of November, in something remotely resembling a novel format - publishing is so not the goal - and there is a community which cheers you on as you struggle.

Well, wistful is the key word here, as I have yet to have a November where I participate. But this week I heard of NaBloPoMo - National Blog Posting Month - where you commit to blogging every day in November, and I thought Hey! This I can do.

So here goes. Every day this month I will be posting. I hear rumors that there may be prizes from the NaBloPoMo people, although I am still trying to figure out how this all works. I am not sure if I am supposed to blog HERE every day, or at the NaBloPoMo community site - where I have a page as a registered member - the rules and guidelines are a bit confusing to me, so I still have a lot to figure out. If you go to my page over there, you see that I haven't added any friends, any social groups, any play lists, or any photos. And I wrote a blog entry over there and saved it but now it's invisible or gone or posted somewhere not connected to me, because I sure can't find it. Frankly I am thinking that it may turn out to not be worth all the work involved to be a successful NaBloPoMo-er, according to their standards. But maybe it will get easier as I go along.
I'll let you know. Perhaps tomorrow!

3 comments:

andalucy said...

Awesome!!! I am so psyched you are doing this!

Again, I won't be able to participate this year because I have guests for about half of November.

But I'm cheering for you! Keep us updated.

shawn said...

WOW.. that is great.. I also think that since you want to write a novel or whatever, you should commit to writing a little every day too.. You would be so good at it too!! (hee hee hee.. as I hear you yelling at me now...) I was thinking that if I could do a card a day.. It would be great... oops.. there is that have to go to Iowa thing for Thanksgiving.. can't do it.. too bad... darn, drat!!

Mama Ava said...

Good on you. I want to do it, but this is not the week to get started with Mark out of town. I also want to think about parameters--does it count if I just post pics of Hugh or my pets? Or should I have more substantial things to say?

Blog Archive