Sunday, November 09, 2008

NaBloPoMo 9 of 30

This afternoon I watched Once, a movie that's maybe a year or two old - about two aspiring musicians who find each other in the streets of Dublin and develop a musical - and personal relationship. I remember when my mom saw it when it was in the theater she told me about it the next day and her biggest comment was that you never learn the two main characters' names. She couldn't get past that! So of course that was uppermost in my mind today when I started to DVD. It's a delightful movie (names or no names) and I am considering ordering the soundtrack - which is something I never do.

It was fun to watch a movie that I picked out just for me, as lately the only movies I have seen are with the boys on Friday nights - movie night at our house - and while I have enjoyed seeing the first two movies in the Star Wars series, and Hoodwinked, and Wallace and Gromit ... it was nice to see a grown-up movie!

I also knit while I was watching the movie (which explains why I had to rip out 10 rows due to miscounting) but I can't show you pictures of my project because it is a present, and the recipient occasionally reads this blog. Trust me when I say it's turning out beautifully, and I will take pictures to post after it's been given away. :-)

3 comments:

andalucy said...

I love that movie! I just saw it again recently.

Mama Ava said...

I resent that. I ALWAYS read your blog.

Karen said...

Truly L-ing OL here!!

Blog Archive