Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Work in Progress

For my birthday, the Knitting Queen [an aside - I include her blog link as a courtesy but she hasn't updated it in about 17 years.] gave me an amazing mitten pattern and some yarn. I started it after Christmas (before Christmas I was focused on gift knitting, but these are for me, baby!)
Here's mitten #1, sans thumb. The next step is to knit a lining out of angora wool to make them extra cozy and super warm.

I am loving them already and can't wait to be done! If only life wouldn't keep interrupting my knitting time.

3 comments:

lisajoan said...

they look faboo, my dear!!! I'm almost done with shell #2 and then get to start lining.

WE WILL BE THE ENVY OF ALL WE KNOW!! (except, of course, the Knitting Queen, from whom all good yarn flows)

Knittin' Stampin' Sue said...

Well, I guess I need to resolve to posting on my blog more often - and I don't have a pair of these myself so I need to kick it into gear and start some too, I want to be a part of the club!! They look fab Miss K...

Jeannie said...

Awesome job! I wish I could knit!!

Jeannie

Blog Archive