Thursday, December 11, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARLA!

OK, so I know that because of those pesky time zones, her birthday is almost over where SHE is, but it's just starting where WE are, so we will celebrate today, here, all day long. And she can go to sleep knowing we are thinking of her.

Carla and I have known each other since we were both pregnant with our oldest boys - but didn't really become fast friends until we were on the board of Peace House Foundation together, which eventually led to their moving to Africa, which was the precursor to their move to China. I used to be the most widely-travelled of all my friends but no more.

If you have never had the privilege of meeting her, you get a very good taste of her humor and her intelligence on her blog - she continually puts mine to shame, which is totally fine with me! I feel lucky to have the electronic opportunity to share in so much of her life.

I visited her in Tanzania and plan on visiting her in Beijing, and she is stuck with me as a friend for life.

I celebrate her, and the anniversary of her birth, today and all days!
And I hate Blogger which will NOT let me post any pictures right now. I'll try again later.

No comments:

Blog Archive