Monday, December 29, 2008

Dreamland

I had a dream last night that Ben & I won $1.293 million. Yes, exactly $1,293,000. I don't know where or how, but we had won it.

Being responsible, the first thing I did (after depositing the check in my bank account - I was a titch concerned about the low interest rate, [like next-to-none] but wanted it IN my account so 'no one could take it away from me.' - I guess in my dream that happens sometimes.) was make an appointment with my accountant to be sure I paid the taxes I needed to. I kept thinking of Richard from Survivor.

Then I started to slowly allow myself to think about spending it. I wasn't hyper-excited, just very pragmatic and methodical, working hard to determine the best use of the windfall. Honestly, it wasn't even that fun, though I certainly had a deep appreciation for the situation. A house and a car came to the top, I never even considered frivolous things (until after I woke up.) When I did wake up, I honestly had a moment where I thought it was real. Since the dream wasn't crazy or illogical or bizarre like my dreams usually are, I truly thought for a second or two that it really had happened.
Bummer when reality hit.

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

Hi Karen! Nice to hear from you! It has just been a crazy month I think for everybody and it's finally time that we can take a breath I think (hope).

So have you bought a lottery ticket yet? You never know about these things!!

Luv your Christmas pictures, thanks so much for sharing! I'm glad you had a great holiday with your family!

Take care!
Jeannie

Blog Archive