Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Music Recommendations

Hey, Friends -- I am seeking music recommendations. Really, this is for you, Calandria, as the type of music I like often involves Spanish-speakers :-) There is something about listening to music and not understanding the words that I really enjoy. Plus the Latin style of music usually brings pleasure - whether it's a lively tune I cannot NOT tap my feet to, or a mellow melody which relaxes me into a hypnotic trance.

Now, I am still a low-tech kind of gal, so I need CDs that I can actually buy, not download on to an iPod. Maybe someday I'll go that route but for now I buy CDs and play them in my car ...

Any recommendations?

1 comment:

andalucy said...

Haha--I like listening to music in other languages, too, especially ones I don't understand. Then you can really focus on the sound of the words and the rhythm.

But way to put me on the spot, Karen! :-)

I'm afraid I may not be much help. I do like Latin music but I don't own a lot. I have some mariachi stuff. Have you heard Lila Downs? She's popular, especially after Frida. Chavela Vargas is good. If I'm in the right mood I like Marc Antony. (Not his public persona but his music.)

Blog Archive