Friday, November 24, 2006

Happy Birthday Ben!

Today my first-born turned 12. Almost a teenager. Almost as tall as me. Almost able to wear my shoes with no slipping at all. Where has the time gone?

Here he is, a few months old, in one of my all-time favorite pictures.

And here he is tonight, snuggling in his new down comforter. I realized he really is getting older when I noted that none of his gifts from Steve and I were toys. He was thrilled to get a queen-size down comforter (even though he sleeps in a twin-size bed!)


He (as usual) chose a birthday pie as opposed to a traditional cake, and blew very gently so as not to get germs from his cold on the pie!






He got a set of hand weights from Colby... what do you suppose the dog had in mind?







Ty rescued him from an entirely Lego-free birthday (phew!) with this gift, the Exo-Force Sonic Phantom.

He spent the day playing computer games (about 8 hours' worth!) and never even saw the sun. It is his birthday, afterall.



3 comments:

Karen said...

"I did too see the sun!" he said indignantly!

(Mother's note: "yes, but it was through the window.")

Mama Ava said...

Happy birthday Ben! Times does fly when you watch your children grow. I noticed the same gift "change" with Cameron's Christmas gifts and no toys. *sigh*

andalucy said...

Happy birthday!!!

Blog Archive