Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Today's Political Report

A while back I wrote about the Will.i.am YouTube video for Barack Obama, Yes We Can.

Today my friend Diane directed me to the new YouTube video about McCain ... and I just had to post here about it, too.

On Carla's blog, she referred to me as a "proud democrat" who "takes the political process very seriously." And that is true, I guess, though I don't really consider myself an activist. But every once in a while I send out sweeping emails to everyone I know when an issue is near and dear to my heart. Most recently it's been gun control, and there actually is a new bill being considered in the Minnesota Legislature right now, and it's being referred to as the "Shoot First" bill. It's a bill which would make it easier for anyone to shoot first and ask questions later if they feel threatened in any way. Never mind that self-defense is already a stronghold in our legal system. Never mind that there are more gun deaths in our nation than any other. No, some people believe that we need more laws to protect people with guns who decide to shoot other people.

So, I am asking you to help me. Please. Contact your representatives and senators and tell them you do NOT want more freedom of gun use in our society today. Tell them to vote against Senate File 0446 and House File 498.

Please.

No comments:

Blog Archive