Sunday, February 24, 2008

I didn't know...

There is a TV commercial on right now - I think it's for American Express - which is neither here nor there - and I saw it two or three times tonight while watching the Academy Awards (which made me think of Carla and Ann and the Oscar Party we had a few years back and who knows when we will have the next one where all 3 of us could be in the same room at the same time) - and I really liked the message.

It's a woman talking, and she says (this is the part I like):

I didn't know what I wanted to be,
but I knew the kind of woman I wanted to become.

That's me in a nutshell. Now, this woman ended up (quite by accident, if we are to believe the commercial) a fashion designer, perhaps you have heard of her, Diane von Furstenburg? And, being the impressionable type of individual I am, I actually looked at the clothing she was holding up in the commercial and thought "How cool would that be, to design clothing for women like ME who know nothing about fashion and don't even really like it?!" What does that say about my state of mind that I actually meant it, too?!

I don't know where I am going, but I do believe I am getting closer.

No comments:

Blog Archive