Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Africa Update

I was just helping Carla update her blog by uploading photos, and it brought tears to my eyes. I had forgotten that today is THE day -- August 1 is the day all the students came in to Arusha to learn about when and where school starts for them in September. They all came together for the first time, and suddenly all the work that Mark, Carla, and the rest of the PHS staff have been doing for the past year all seemed so incredibly real. Suddenly there were faces and smiles and real people there - right there on the sidewalk! - and the knowledge that we are changing these children's lives hit me so hard it knocked the breath out of me, and pushed tears in to my eyes.

Wow, what an amazing feeling to be part of this momentous occasion.

No comments:

Blog Archive