Sunday, August 05, 2007

Scary spam

Wow. I have noticed the emails in my spam file seem to go in trends. Lately, I seem to be getting a lot from places that sound like an online card company - the subject line is always something like "You've received a postcard from a school mate!" or "You've received a greeting from a chum!" Not quite believable, but close, very close.

Well, I was just going through the file (in case something real accidentally got stuck in there) and saw a message from a sender with the name "Carla Hickman" and it freaked me out. It can't be coincidence.

Why can't the people who figure out how to send realistic-looking spam emails actually do something productive with their genius abilities?!?

2 comments:

shawn said...

oohh I got those too... I just delete them.. I did check on one site, and they said that they are spoofs.. and not to open the card link, they are a virus.. but the whole carla thing... wow....

Mama Ava said...

Rats. I'm still getting "enlarge your member" spams.

Although a couple weeks ago I did start getting spammed in Hebrew. Real Hebrew, using the Hebrew alphabet. I just have no idea what they want!

Blog Archive