Saturday, August 04, 2007

Unexpected Pleasures

I went out to get the mail about an hour ago ... yes, it was 9:00 PM ... usually the mail doesn't have much of interest in it, so sometimes I don't pick it up for a couple of days at a time.

Tonight, however, there was a treat! A friend sent me a real letter. Handwritten and everything! I have not talked to her or seen her or even heard from her in a very long time - she sent this note to try to re-connect.

What a wonderful surprise! She sent me her new email address and I immediatly sent her a note, she replied within 20 minutes, and we are going to get together in a week or so (she is heading out of town tomorrow on vacation.)

I was having a boring Saturday night and it was spiced up by the mail. No, it was spiced up by the connection with a friend. Can't wait to see her!

No comments:

Blog Archive