Monday, August 13, 2007

Make Your Cake and Eat It Too!

At the National Night Out Block Party last week, Christy brought the most wonderful chocolate cake I had tasted in a long time, so I knew I had to get the recipe and make it for the cabin-go'ers.
Christy's Incredible Cake

One Devil's Food chocolate cake mix
2 eggs
16 oz sour cream (I used light!)
12 oz chocolate chips (this picture is milk, but I used semi-sweet)

Blend all together, place in prepared bundt pan, bake 50-55 minutes at 350 degrees.

Christy served it with no frosting, I dusted it with powdered sugar.

It comes out like a pudding cake. Incredibly moist and delicious! As usual, I forgot to take a picture of the finished product. Here are B & T, just finishing their slices. Their faces tell the story.
I cut the cake at 8:02. It was GONE - not a crumb left - by about 8:09. Next year, I am told, I have to make TWO.

1 comment:

shawn said...

OK, I am going to make this one.. really I am.. and the chocolate pistachio stuffed french toast too..really really...I mean it this time...

Blog Archive