Sunday, August 19, 2007

Taste of Chicago, part one

We really had a terrific few days in Chicago. This is the building we stayed in - courtesy of my good friends who live just outside of Chicago. We were on the 37th floor which is about 32 too high for my comfort, but I didn't go on the balcony (much.) Here are some people doing what would be one of my worst nightmare jobs - washing windows without even that board thing they usually get to stand on.

Both boys loved all the pigeons, seagulls, and geese that we saw throughout the city. They both tried to get pictures of them (I think Ty actually took this one) and we enjoyed feeding them occasionally. I'm sure the Chicago-ans (Chicago-ites?) love that - tourists coming in and encouraging the little beasts to hang around.
There was a city-wide exhibit of these globes which we had a great time finding and looking at. It was similar to St. Paul doing the Peanuts characters. Each globe had some sort of "green" theme. This one was my personal favorite, reminding me of my knitting friends - its message was to turn down your thermostat in the winter and put on a sweater!
More pics and stories coming tomorrow :-)

No comments:

Blog Archive