Sunday, August 05, 2007

My Grandson!

Bet'cha didn't know I am a Grandma (of sorts), did'ja?

In 1988 I hosted an AFS student, Doganay, from Turkey. Though there were only a few years between us (ok, more like 9) she was still technically my daughter and I her mother, according the the AFS paperwork.


Well, Doganay and her husband Ercan had a baby this year - a little boy named Selman, so that makes me, at least in the eyes of AFS, a Grandmother. (Mom, are you ready to be a great-grandma?!)



Here he is ... do you see the family resemblance?



And here is a photo of Doganay & me, shortly before she returned home to Turkey.

3 comments:

shawn said...

hum.. now does that make you feel old?? You look great for a grandma...

Karen said...

The scary thing is, I really AM old enough to be a grandma for real ... had I had my kids at the age my mom was when she had hers, they could easily be moving in to the world of parenthood already ...

andalucy said...

i love that photo of you.

Blog Archive