Friday, August 03, 2007

You're The One That I Want!

Sigh ... very soon, Grease opens on Broadway. It's my dream to make it there to see the show with Max & Laura starring in it.

Who are Max and Laura, you wonder, and how does Karen know them?

Well, they spent many-a-Sunday evening right here in my living room last spring when they handily won the rights to open on Broadway as Danny & Sandy on the televised contest for said roles. I picked Max from day 1, Laura it took me a bit longer to love (and she's from just down the road in Eagan!)

I now have friends to stay with in NYC, thanks to the teacher trip - so I just have to get airline tix and theater tix ... and time to do it ... and arrange for the boys and the dogs ... and all the other details.

Max & Laura are living their dreams and my dream is pretty small comparatively, so hopefully sometime in the next 12 months you will be reading here about my big trip to the Big Apple!

1 comment:

Mama Ava said...

Hey, go for it! I had the whole thing lined up a couple years ago to see Hugh in "The Boy from Oz." Fly in (ffmiles), see an evening show, the matinee, and then out that night. Staying in a youth hostel.

I think people--especially me--don't do enough silly stuff, things that would bring joy but maybe be seen by others as wasteful or dumb.

GO FOR IT!

Blog Archive