Sunday, October 19, 2008

A reading aside ...

While on vacation, I read volumes 1, 2 and 3 of the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer - thanks to the extreme generosity of Shawn who not only lent me the books but also allowed me to take them on a ship on the water!!!!

And first off, let me say that this series is a teen romance and all the main characters are between 16 and 19, and pretty much all the girls and women in the world are ga-ga for Edward, the main squeeze of Bella, the main character.

But I think I am more of a Jacob-woman, myself. Jacob is a younger, Native American teen, with a secret (don't want to be a spoiler here) and frankly, if I had a choice between Edward and Jake -- it'd be Jacob for me.

Plus Edward is cold all the time and Jacob is hot. Seriously, their body temperatures play a part in the story line. A big part. And I always want someone who can warm my toes in the cold winter, I avoid people with cold hands and cold feet as much as possible!

So Shawn, you can have Edward, I will keep Jacob. (And tomorrow I will be starting book 4!)

8 comments:

Mama Ava said...

I am still waiting to get my hands on the books, but I have to admit, I'm a bit put off by the movie posters. I thought the actor playing Edward was very handsome as Cedric Diggory, but the movie posters have him really zombie-d up. I have a hard time believing that ANYONE would fall for someone who actually LOOKED like such a ghoul.

I'm getting tainted.

shawn said...

I don't buy James Patterson playing Edward.. but the previews are pretty good.. I also don't get the person playing Bella.. but who am I to say anything....
I am still so TEAM EDWARD on this.. I know I went back and forth on Edward and Jacob.. and they both have some great qualities.. but.. in the end.. I am still Team Edward.. and in the book, they make him soooo much hotter!!!
And yes they are a teen read, but I heard that our middle school WILL NOT be carrying the 4th book. I totally agree with that.. the subject matter is a bit mature for that age.. I think that she was writing the 4th book for the Moms out there.. not sure.. just a thought...
Will be interested to hear what you think of #4....
OOOHHH and something new to talk about... instead of just Harry!!!

sskaare said...

I'm TEAM EDWARD!! :)

shawn said...

OOPS... I meant to say ROBERT Patterson... not James... hee hee hee

Karen said...

This is so great, I get Jacob ALL TO MYSELF while the rest of you have to fight over pieces of Edward!

andalucy said...

Move over, Karen. Here's another Jacob fan.

Karen said...

LOL - why am I not surprised that you & I would agree, Calandria?!?

Dawn said...

I would probably do the Edward thing. Too many Anne Rice books not to..

Blog Archive