Friday, October 24, 2008

In for a penny, in for a pound

I just did something new.

I made a financial contribution to a political organization in California.

I just read this blog, about proposition 8 which is coming to the voters of that state on election day. It will put discriminatory language into their state constitution if it passes. It should not pass. I sent money to the people who are working to fight it.

I know some of you do not believe that gay people should be able to marry one another. And you know what? While I have to say I truly cannot understand WHY you believe that, I respect your right TO believe it and to act in such a way in your personal life and your religious life to not want gay people to be married.

This is something individuals have opinions about, and they should be free to live their lives as they believe. This should not be something that the state, separated from the church, dictates.

So, since I am just freely posting left and right these days about political stuff, I thought I would throw this out there too. Hoping that maybe some of you will make a donation, too. (you can do that here.)

Good night! (Cruise Part 3 coming this weekend - Promise!!)

No comments:

Blog Archive