Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Longing for the good 'ol days

My VCR died this week. It's only 27 years old, so I guess I can't complain. But now I am faced with a dilemma. I have to replace it so I can record Survivor and Dancing with the Stars. Really, I don't bother with much else.

But guess what? You can't buy a VCR any more. At least not all by itself. The simplest I can find is a VCR/DVD player combo. For $99.99.

Call me old-fashioned, but I just don't really want a DVR. I like how videos work. I know how videos work. And I don't want to pay $200 for a DVR.

All I want is a nice under-$50 VCR. Ain't gonna happen.

Sigh.

2 comments:

Mama Ava said...

HELLO!!!! Have you not heard of Ebay? I can't believe you can't get SOMETHING VCR-ish and antiquated online!

Said the woman who only gave up her VCR because she was moving to a place with no television to record.

shawn said...

They are out there.. I know that they are.. and CHEAP too.. ok, maybe that was a few years ago.. they were like $20... don't they have the vcr/dvd combo?? and I agree.. EBAY!! HELLO!!! Someone on Ebay probably has a warehouse full of new VCR's just waiting for the one lady who refuses to get a DVR or TIVO or whatever those thingys are called..

Blog Archive