Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I'm past it (for this month, anyway)

OK, I think I am past my two-and-a-half days of feeling down. You'd think I would be used to it now as it happens pretty much every month, but it still takes me by surprise and I don't realize it's the hormones talking until I am on the way out of it again. That moment of clarity came to me about 5PM yesterday.

Last night I had dinner with a friend ... actually I forced her to buy me dinner as when I got to the restaurant I realized I had left my purse at home on the kitchen counter. She was a good sport and we had a delightful meal together. Afterwards when I got home, I sent her a quick email thanking her, and she responded with a note that said "You always make me feel braver about making changes."


You know, that totally changed my mood around last night. I know, I was coming out of my funk anyway, but it reminded me that overall I am so satisfied with my life and the choices I have made and the place I am in now.


So I went upstairs and started knitting - always a sign of good humor here - and started my first pair of "two socks on one needle." A concept I have been aware of for a while and been intrigued by, and now finally got up the nerve to try. And you know what? It's a bit tricky at the beginning to keep all the yarn going in the right direction, but overall I really, really like it. And the best part is, when you're done - you're done! Both socks finished at the same time. Oh - and the really best thing is - both socks the exact same size.
Yup, today is sunny and life is looking up.

1 comment:

shawn said...

I can't do one sock at a time, and now you are doing 2 at the same time on the same needles??? WHAT?? HOW?? Like I am EVER going to be able to do THAT

Blog Archive