Thursday, August 14, 2008

Treat for Me!

It's been a while since I went yarn-shopping. It's good for what ails ya, don't'cha know.

This shop, Borealis Yarns, is in St. Paul near Midway. I had never been there before but thought I would take advantage of being in St. Paul for 3 hours with time on my hands while Ty had a class at the Science Museum.

It's a GREAT store. Three rooms of yarn ... one room is almost completely devoted to clearance yarn and SOCK YARN. My own personal kryptonite.
Everything I bought - which really isn't very much, you have to agree - is for gifts. So really, I am being altruistic and generous. The fact that I was salivating and really holding myself back from touching every skein in the store - that is just not important here.

I was thinking of others.

3 comments:

Mama Ava said...

You need your own yarn store, really. Then you can pet the merchandise under the guise of supervising grandmotherly employees, sip tea, nibble cookies, and knit and call it marketing.

shawn said...

Hey if it was for gifts.. then you HAD to get the yarn! I mean, what a terrible person you would be if you passed that up! AND you WERE helping the local economy!
I agree with Carla... you really need your own shop... I wonder how that would work?... If it would be too hard for you to "let" any of the yarn go...

Sue said...

Hey K, glad to hear the report of Borealis - I have never been there so I need to make a trip. Today I was near Needlework Unlimited 44th and France area and stopped in. Hadn't been there before - And thanks to Miss Lisa I now have six skeins of solid bright colored sock yarn to start the Bazaar socks. your choices are just lovely!!

Blog Archive