Friday, July 06, 2007

Thank you all!!!

OK, here it is a week later and I am so pleased to have read your notes. I leave Arusha the day after tomorrow to return home and while it will be really hard to leave Carla, it will be so wonderful to see the boys, dogs, famiy and friends waiting for me.

I went on a 3 day safari with the teacher group and it was amazing - saw so many different animals, and loved seeing the different African landscapes of 3 different national parks. Two of the teachers are avid bird watchers and they got the rest of us in the Land Rover really in to looking for and identifying birds. I can't wait to get all the pictures - mine, and the others' (we are all trading pictures) to be reminded of all the beauty.

Tonight Carla & I went to a movie - we saw "Fracture" with Anthony Hopkins. It was great until the very end when I feel they took a bit of a cop-out to tie up all the loose ends. But when we were watching the credits, we noted "Russian Man" and "Russian Woman" and neither of us have any memory of anyone Russian at all in the entire movie and for some reason that struck us as so funny that we giggled all the way home. We are pretty sure not many people walk out of that movie giggling. It made it feel like we were just out on a regular Friday night at the Eden Prairie or Southdale movie theater. Really, really fun. I will miss this woman (again) when I leave.

I get back to town on Monday - will contact you all then!

1 comment:

shawn said...

can't wait to see you here in MN again.. I am sure that you will have tons of stuff to share.. I know that leaving Africa will be hard, but I am sure that coming back will be wonderful too..
talk to you soon