Monday, July 09, 2007

Dorothy was right

Well, I made it back in one piece. I got on the plane to leave Tanzania about 24 hours ago, and am feeling quite proud that I am still sitting up and typing fairly decently with only about 1.5 hours' sleep.

The first leg of the trip the entire plane was entertained (?) by a screaming toddler. The first two hours I felt so bad for this poor child. The second two hours I felt so bad for the screaming child's parents, who surely knew that they were absolutely the least popular passengers on the plane. The third two hours I was amazed at this child's stamina. Why hadn't she fallen asleep mid-scream yet? And the seventh hour (yes, she kept it up for 7 hours) I just wanted to get up and strangle her.

Thankfully we landed and they did NOT continue on to Minneapolis with me. I seriously had already made plans to switch flights if I saw them in my line.

I am tired but it feels really good to be home. It feels odd not to be talking to Carla face-to-face, but the dogs are never more than a foot away from me, and the boys keep giving me hugs, and there really is no place like home.

1 comment:

shawn said...

Welcome back to MN... missed you.. glad to hear that you made it back in one piece.. too bad about the flight.. I might not have lasted that long..
talk to you soon
s