Monday, July 23, 2007

New Author

I have found a new author to read ... Elin Hilderbrand. I have been devouring all she has written. She reminds me slightly of Rosamund Pilcher or Maeve Binchy - she writes about life, with characters you develop feelings for, and miss when you turn the last page.


All of her books take place on Nantucket Island, and all deal with "summer people" who vacation there. Often there is a character named Alcott (so I assume that's a favorite author!) and nearly every book has someone making a significant change in their life - deciding which way to go at a crossroad or deciding to trust their dreams.

There is a lot about relationships - often big parent-child issues, usually some love issues, and friendship and siblings don't get left out. Occasionally I think she is missing the boat entirely, but more often I like the way she presents the character development.

Nothing heavy or truly thought-provoking, but nice to read.

No comments: