Friday, March 30, 2007

Life's Too Short

I am the moderator of a couple of Yahoo E-Groups, and today I had the fun job of telling one of the members in one of the groups that his posts are coming across a little hostile, and I encouraged him to try and read over what he types and perhaps work to sound a bit more friendly.

He did not agree.

A couple of months ago I had to remove someone's post because it was truly not appropriate for the group - there was nothing offensive about the post at all, it was just totally off-topic and the e-group was not the right forum for the post.

That writer didn't agree with me either.

They both let me know in no uncertain terms what they thought of me and my moderating.

You all know me, I am nothing if not tactful. Yet somehow when it's a web posting these people get so indignant and self-righteous and accuse me of overreacting and ... I don't know what all they are thinking! But it ain't pleasant!

I just shake my head and want to say in a nice motherly tone, 'Honey, life's just too short to use up all this negative energy about something so insignificant!!!' (and can you imagine their reactions to that?!)

Instead I shake my head and try to move on ... but I do hope karma is for real :-)

No comments:

Blog Archive