Friday, March 23, 2007

All in All, One Great Day!

Well, today was pretty darn good as Fridays go.

We got a lot of school done and the boys were wonderfully cooperative.

The dog made me laugh with his tattling on Ty.

The sun was out and it got really warm.

We went to a fun movie.

And, drum roll please,

I passed my orange belt test at Tae Kwon Do! I had to do 7 different "one step" sparring actions, 5 different combination kicks, a variety of self-defense moves, a pattern of blocking and punching known as ki boin yung (I have no idea if that is spelled even remotely close to accurately!) AND I had to break a board with a turning side kick! WOO-HOO!!!

There were three of us women who tested today, and we all passed. Barb & Carrie have become very good friends of mine as we have punched, kicked, and knocked one another down over the past three months.

Yup, all in all, one great day!

1 comment:

andalucy said...

Wow, Karen! That is awesome. Way to go!

Blog Archive