Friday, March 23, 2007

Colby: A Tattle-TAIL and in the DOGHOUSE

Yesterday I was such a nice mom I made chocolate chip cookies. Homemade. You know, the kind you take out of the refrigerator and separate and bake. Mmm, mmm, good! Anyway, I made 3 for each of us. Put Ben's and Ty's on the table on napkins, then went to call them. They came in to the kitchen a minute later and said "which one of us only gets 2 cookies?" as the big black monster sat nearby, licking his whiskers. I opened his mouth and caught the unmistakeable whiff of fresh cookie. BUSTED!!!

I was afraid this would happen once we started eating off a table he can reach so easily. He has never done this before and I had hoped he wouldn't start ... but now we have to be more careful about what we leave sitting around.

Then, today, I asked Ty to take Colby for a walk. I went downstairs to work, and after a couple of minutes Colby came down with a very clear message on his face. "MOM! He didn't do what he was supposed to do!!!"

I followed him upstairs, to his delight, and sure enough, Ty had not followed through on the task.

Colby pranced around as if saying "na-na-na-na-NA-na! You're in trouble!" just like a kid would say to his brother. It was too funny! And Ty did take him out.

2 comments:

andalucy said...

That is funny. Dogs can be really hilarious. They don't need to talk--you always know what they're thinking.

Anonymous said...

Вы допускаете ошибку. Могу отстоять свою позицию. Пишите мне в PM, обсудим. [url=http://profvesti.ru/derevyannoye-stroitelstvo.html]строительный портал объявления[/url]

Blog Archive