Saturday, March 03, 2007

Family Portrait, ca 1962

Here is the earliest found family portrait from my childhood ... My Mom (age 22) is holding my brother Mike, age 3, and my Dad (the elderly age of 23) is holding me - a little less than a year. We are at my grandparents' house in south Minneapolis, sitting on the coffee table - I remember that table oh-so-well, as it became my favorite place to lie (lay? I always stress over using those words correctly!) when we visited over there - I fit so cozily, and the grown-ups would forget I was there and I would be lulled into a wonderfully secure, trance-like state by their constant grown-up chatter.

My mom is the oldest of 6, and her youngest sisters were only about 8-10 years older than my brother and I, so visiting there was always really fun. There were usually a lot of kids around, the house was small so it always felt comfortably crowded, my grandma loved to cook plus she worked at a bakery so there were always treats in the breadbox, and I really, really loved it there.

No comments:

Blog Archive