Friday, January 12, 2007

Geography Whiz Kids

The boys were in their school Geography Bee today. Both were nervous, as we had no idea what to expect.
Ben ended up placing second, and Ty was in a tie-breaker for third that took 4 rounds of questioning to break! Unfortunately he ultimately came in fourth - but he is already planning his studying strategies for next year!



The bee was part of National Geographic's national Geography Bee - the winner from our school competes now to be in the state bee, and the winner of that goes to the national bee.
It was a fun experience!

3 comments:

Mama Ava said...

Good on ya, Ben and Ty! I was a spelling bee champ, but I think geography bee would be much harder--did you guys study in advance? I'll be seeing you on Jeopardy someday!

andalucy said...

Wow! Good for you guys! Great job.

I know the girl in braids. She is in Lili's dance class.

Karen said...

You know, her mom said something about Irish dance and I wondered - was going to ask but just then the bee started and I didn't get a chance.

Small world!

Blog Archive