Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Amaryllis Beauty



My sister-in-law gave me an amaryllis plant for my birthday in early December. Here it is, bulb freshly plotted in the pot, with only tiny green tips poking out into the world.





Here it is just before Christmas - the stalks had grown to full height and the buds were just beginning to unfurl. It totally amazes me to see what comes out of those simple and elegant buds.












Here it is today. One bloom is fully open, the others will be here shortly!






What amazing beauty in the middle of winter.

2 comments:

andalucy said...

gorgeous! I always mean to have bulbs in the winter and I never do.

Karen said...

Tonight - 24 hours after I posted these photos - another bud is fully open. When they are all open I will post new pictures. It's so fun to watch - and it all happens so fast!

Blog Archive