Monday, September 03, 2007

Peaceability
"Calmness. Peacefulness. Serenity. The tendency to try to accommodate rather than argue. The understanding that differences are seldom resolved through conflict and that meanness in others is an indication of their problem or insecurity and thus of their need for your understanding. The ability to understand how others feel rather than simply reaction to them. Control of temper."


This is from the site that I was looking for when going through my favorites as referenced in the post one below this, where I found the "So the thing is" blog.

This is a site called Values Parenting, and Peaceability is the September value. It's very possible - likely, even - that I have blogged about this site before, as I really do like it - and I really did like it when I found it the first time, over a year ago. Back then I promised myself I would visit it regularly to learn ways to teach the boys values. Well, here it is a year later and I am making the same promise to myself. Maybe I'll keep it this time.

Whoa.

That reminds me of another promise I made recently. And another promise I have not kept up. SMART Habits. Whoops, where did the time go?

OK, a two-fer. A new SMART Habit. Values Parenting. Yes.

And as for the food SMART Habit - well, I can't say I am totally successful, but I am much more mindful of what I put into my mouth or onto the plate for the boys to eat, so I guess I am making progress. And for now, that will have to suffice!

No comments:

Blog Archive