Saturday, September 29, 2007

A holiday idea for you ...

For many of the past 20 years, I have arranged to sponsor a family at Christmas. Sometimes it was just our nuclear family doing the sponsoring, sometimes our extended family joined together to sponsor a larger family. I just signed up to do it again this year. This year the boys & I will sponsor a 2-person family, just small enough that we can have fun selecting gifts for and complete the role of sponsor effectively.

Through the years, I have been so pleased when I hear the boys talk about helping others, or when I watch them figure out just what they want to select for "our family." I have asked them to use some of their own money to help with purchases, and love that they are learning to see Christmas as a time to reach out with generous hearts and give to the community around us. It's been another of those situations where, truly, you end up getting more than you give.
If this sounds like something you would like to do, follow this link and read more about it.

No comments:

Blog Archive