Sunday, May 27, 2007

What will they think of next?

Twice in recent days I have found myself grinning about new products in this world of ours.


First was ... well, I don't even remember where I saw it, must have been the newspaper as there was a photo.


When I see a tool box like this I immediately think of my Grandpa. He had a tool box similar to this (though, when I really concentrate, I don't know where he kept it or where I saw it or why I correlate this with him. I was never allowed in the garage and the house had no basement. I don't know where he would have had it. There was no "work room" in their house, and they spent the final years of their lives living first in a camper - Minnesota in the summer and Texas in the winter - and then with my aunt. No tool boxes anywhere that I can think of. Nonetheless, when I see this type of toolbox, Grandpa Kelly comes to mind, and it's a nice thing.)


So now, those clever inventors of things we never knew we wanted or needed until we see them, have come up with a new twist for the garage. They turned the tool box into a refrigerator!
Is this not the coolest (ha-ha, no pun intended) thing ever? LOVE IT! I want to put one in my garage just 'cuz it's so cute. ("cute" is probably not the adjective the marketers were going for, but there it is.)

Now, the second thing I was made ridiculously happy by this week is a new cell phone service.

I long for an iPod. I don't listen to music that much. I'm not into using "ear buds." The notion of figuring out how to download songs from the internet, or copy from a CD, is quite intimidating to me. And I have no clue what songs I would even want on the darn thing as I really don't pay that much attention to "the music scene" other than to say, now and then when I'm out and about, "oh! that's a nice song, I wonder what it is?" But they make the cutest (there's that adjective again) little pink one. It would match my phone. And it's so teensy.

Well, those darn inventors heard me - or at least that last part about being music-scene-challenged, and 411-song was invented for ME.

Anywhere you might be, you hear a song, you like it, you are clueless as to what its name is or who sings it ... you whip out the ol'cell phone and dial 411-SONG. Hold the receiver up to hear the song for 15 seconds, and the person (machine? computer? magician?) on the other end will identify the song and send you all the details. The lyrics. The title. The artist. Where to get it.

MAGIC.

(And quite reasonably priced, too, I might add.)
Now I might just have to get an iPod. I can listen to my newly identified songs while swilling a beer in the garage from my tool-box-refrigerator. Ahh, the good life.

No comments:

Blog Archive