Saturday, May 26, 2007

Rosie

Well, not too long ago I wrote about how much I enjoy watching The View because even when Rosie and Elisabeth "get in to it" discussing politics, they obviuosly still enjoy one another and are friends.

Seems I spoke too soon. Rosie quit today, ending her contract early (though only by 3 weeks), after a particularly rough "discussion" with Elisabeth.

It's been interesting reading the reactions, most people who are writing on blogs or other sites support Rosie and ask for Elisabeth to leave, too.

I don't agree with much Elisabeth says, but I have always admired her for having the gumption to stand up to Rosie - that cannot be easy!

Ah well, I was rarely able to watch TV at 10:00 in the morning, so now I won't feel as pulled to do so. I think Rosie is an amazing woman, albeit one with some issues to figure out. I agree with most of her opinions and passions, but I do think at times she goes too far. But then again, I think the world needs to hear messages like the ones she is giving; right now hundreds of thousands of people all across the US are debating whether or not what the US military is doing could, in any way, shape or form, be considered terrorism. And I think that's a good discussion to be having.

No comments:

Blog Archive