Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Walt Disney World

Many of you know I recently moved into my parent's former house - and they left a lot of things for me here. I found this portrait, done of my brother & me, in the basement closet. I always liked it so it's now hanging in our hallway!

It's from my very first trip to Walt Disney World in Florida - in fact, it's from the very year WDW opened! We went over Thanksgiving - we were living in Atlanta at the time so it wasn't a long journey - and it turns out we were there just a few weeks after it opened. It opened October 1, 1971, and we were there in November.

It was so cold - my brother & I are wearing brand new matching Disney sweatshirts because we had not come prepared for cold temperatures - and we ate hotdogs on the street for our Thanksgiving Day dinner. You can see that my goal that year was to grow out my bangs. What woman today doesn't have a memory of that frustrating attempt ...
The trip was great, and I am tickled to think we were there the very first year. Wonderful memories!

No comments: