Friday, April 27, 2007

Kind-of blah day ...

Well, it's Friday which normally makes me happy, but today I have had a nagging headache all day long and I am just not enjoying the day very much. Which is silly as it is absolutely gorgeous outside, and I have had a few chances to be out there enjoying the warm sunshine. Perhaps I can get all the yuckiness out by writing here and then appreciate the evening.

Saw a teaser on TV tonight while watching Wheel of Fortune (I really do need to figure out how to get on that show, I would so kick butt) about a close-to-30-year-old murder that was never solved. I didn't hear all the details, but I did hear the one meaningful detail for me -- the victim was in my high school class and was killed our senior year. Apparently there is an anonymous letter - I didn't catch when it was written or received - that admits to the killing. But the story isn't until Monday.

I did not know this boy (I was in a class of over 650 students) but I knew of him, and I had known of him since 7th grade. I remember very, very clearly when it happened, and how it affected the class. Things like that just didn't happen in our suburb. To people we knew. To kids our age. I need to watch the news on Monday to see what the story is, and why it's newsworthy now. I figure it can't be that the case is solved, or they wouldn't talk about it on Friday yet not show it until Monday. Perhaps it's a "cold case" type of deal and they are hoping to find more information by talking about it again. Perhaps it's his birthday (I know it's not the anniversary of his death, that was in the fall). I hope I don't forget to watch.

It's nearly 8PM, time to get the boys to start thinking about evening routines. Hopefully my headache will be gone tomorrow. It is supposed to be beautiful again, maybe I'll make time to plant some flowers - cheery colors to cheer my disposition!

No comments: