Monday, April 16, 2007

Brush With Fame


Well, you may have heard today that Chicago will be the United States' entry into the competition for hosting the 2016 Olympic Games.


When it was announced today that Chicago was selected, there was a group of distinguished officials on the diaz.

I don't know who the guy on the far left is, but I'm sure you all recognize Senator Barack Obama, second from the right, and the man pointing is the mayor of Chicago, Richard Daley, and the man with the blue tie listening intently is the Illinois governor, Rod Blagojevich (and I can spell that - and pronounce it - easily, thanks to my AFS experience!). That just leaves one mystery figure, the guy who apparently doesn't have a tie, but does have his official name badge on ... and that would be my brush with fame.


That's Andy Rein, a world-champion and Olympic-medalist wrestler, who happens to be a very close and dear friend of mine!

No comments: