Monday, December 04, 2006

The Gift of a Century

Last night we were at my parents' house for dinner and were talking about the age of my parents when I was born (22 and 21.) Ty announced that I had a better chance of living to be 100 since my mom was less than 25 when I was born. We all looked at him and kind of said, "umm, ok..." and the conversation went on. I wasn't sure if this was some kind of new math he had come up with on his own, or some obscure fact he had picked up somewhere (he does read a lot!)

So today the phone rings early in the morning and it's my mom, asking if I have seen the newspaper yet. On the Commentary page, there is an article called "Women's Biological Clock Gets a New Twist." In the opening paragraph, the author talks of a study which shows that women who give birth before their 25th birthdays give their children the gift of a better chance of reaching age 100.

(For some reason Blogger is not letting me paste a link, so here's the URL in case you want to read the article: http://www.startribune.com/562/story/848464.html)

I asked Ty how he knew that, and he couldn't remember ... either he read it in his book "1500 Strange Facts" or possibly on the internet, he thought. I hope it was the book, I don't like the idea of him reading odd things online.

His grandmother is convinced he's a genius!

1 comment:

andalucy said...

I read that on yahoo news a few weeks ago.

Blog Archive