Saturday, December 23, 2006

Christmas, Part 1: Dumb Clothes

Tonight we celebrated Christmas with the Holt side of our family, although we keenly missed Mary who was home in Ireland after a death in the family.

Every year, Grandma Sandy gives everyone "dumb clothes" - so named by Conor when he was just a wee tyke, and now a term used by everyone. It starts as soon as they walk in the door.

"Oh, that box looks like dumb clothes." "Yup, there's one with my name on it, too. More dumb clothes."

Actually, as the kids get older there is more excitement in their voices when they see those telltale boxes, and Grandma knows how disappointed everyone would be were there no dumb clothes at the family celebration!

Usually, Mary and I get identical boxes with our dumb clothes - different colors but same style - so I really missed her when I was opening my dumb clothes all by myself.

Anyway, it's become a strong and valued family tradition now to get dumb clothes from Grandma, and here are a few modelling this year's take.
We know Mary can get to a computer over there, so these photos are for her! We really, really miss you!

No comments:

Blog Archive