Sunday, December 24, 2006

African Christmas

Just a week or so ago, we received a care package for the holidays all the way from Tanzania! We saved the goodies until Christmas Eve to open. The first gifts for the boys were two genuine ostrich eggs. I made them close their eyes and I handed them over - you can see Ty is excited but Ben isn't too sure!Once they got them and opened their eyes, they examined them thoroughly ... (I don't know what Ben hears in there, though!)Each of us got some African products ... Karen got a towel and bag,Steve got a T-shirt with a logo of Tanzanian beer (he held it up so high you can't see him behind it!) and a beaded key chain,And Ben & Ty each got some quills (we think? help us out here, Carla!) and a lightweight throw (I'm told they are called "shukas") in addition to their eggs.



Asante Sana, Hillmans!

2 comments:

Mama Ava said...

Ben and Ty, you guys look GREAT! Very Tanzanian--or at least, very white Minnesotans looking like white people who live in Tanzania! Merry Christmas!

Mama Ava said...

Steve, I'd say you looked great, too but I can't see you! :-) Next time we'll send actual beer!

Blog Archive