Thursday, March 19, 2009

Mexico!

I am very excited. My college roommate Alice, who now lives in Denver with her husband and 3 daughters, called the other day with an offer I couldn't refuse. She has access to a house in Mexico later this spring where we can stay for free - all we have to do is get there! A few hours spent checking frequent flier balances, flight information, and I booked my flights - going through Denver so I will get to do the international part with Alice - and hooray, a vacation is in my future!
We will be staying in the town of Sayulita, which apparently is known for its surfing conditions. So maybe we'll get to see some great surfing while we lounge on the beach! I also read that they get a lot of whales nearby, and that in the spring you often see moms & babies frolicking in the water. We are going to be there a bit after the peak season, but there's always hope!
But frankly, what I am looking most forward to is baking in the sun. This winter has been long, and with all the house stuff it's been stressful, and the thought of lying in the sun with a book that I will pretend to read, with no children needing attention or dogs needing to be walked ... now, that's heaven on earth!

5 comments:

Jeannie said...

What a great opportunity and I'm glad that you are taking advantage of it!

Jeannie

shawn said...

OOOOOOHHHHH when do you get to go??
I need to find some different friends who have access to houses in places I want to go.. like Chicago.. Mexico... China... Africa... (are you seeing a pattern here???)

Mama Ava said...

No kids....

*sigh*

Barb Matijevich said...

Oh, wow. The last time I got to go was for my BIL's wedding in December 06. It was soooo fabulous. Unbelievable. You enjoy! We'll just live vicariously through you a we wait and wait and wait for Spring to arrive.

Mama Ava said...

You can update your blog, you know!