Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Today's Rant.

Today, I hate technology again. I have been having computer problems lately, and bought a new computer - a notebook, for the convenience, about 10 days ago. Still haven't been able to use it, though, as first there was a software mix-up and now I can't get the darn machine online.

I can get it online if I disconnect one of our other computers and plug it in, but I bought a wireless router so that I could use it anywhere in the house, and therein lies my hatred of technology.

I cannot for the life of me get it to work. Now, I am not a technogeek but I hold my own, usually. I got it to work on the kids' notebook computer just fine, but cannot make everything align properly to work with my computer.

I was basically ready to smash the entire thing out the window, or burst into tears, or both, earlier today. Now I am just resigned, and have called in the experts to help me figure it out ... but it will be another day or two before help can get here.

So today, I REALLY hate technology. And please, no one point out the obvious that I am using technology to rant about it. I know. It doesn't help.

1 comment:

shawn said...

ok, I won't...
I am surprised that you can't figure it out.. You are so good with those things...
But on the "bright" side.. when I first saw your heading.. I thought it said Today's Rain... so this was better than ranting about the rain..