Sunday, June 08, 2008

Recipes Sought

While we are in the cooking mode, I am seeking good recipes to make for a family going through a bit of a hard time right now. Friends are bringing them meals a few times each week, and they are people who like pretty basic, plain food. Last time I made grilled chicken breasts, white rice, and steamed carrots and broccoli. Nothing with strong spices or unusual sauces.

Now I am surfing for other good ideas (it also has to transport and reheat well) ... thought I would see if anyone out there had good recommendations???

Thanks!

3 comments:

Mama Ava said...

I always send taco soup. If you can open a can, you can make it and it can be reheated several times and paired with different salads, breads, etc. It's no spicier than the taco seasoning that you use. I think the recipe is in the Peace Lutheran cookbook.

I also like the Byerly's Chicken and Wild Rice soup, also in that cookbook.

Soups you can deliver frozen and there's no mess or fuss for prep or cleanup.

Yum!

andalucy said...

Dang, I was going to say taco soup. I've made a big batch of this chicken chili before and took 1/2 to another family. It freezes well. Looks like I used half and half in this recipe but sometimes I don't put it in at all. Also, I usually use canned beans:
http://mainegirll.blogspot.com/2006/02/chicken-chili.html

shawn said...

hum.. good question.. but they liked the taco stuff.. I did enchiladas.. and no sea food... allergy you know..