Friday, April 04, 2008

Roller Coaster of Life

Wow, life is hard sometimes. I feel like for the past two months (maybe three?) I have just been up and down and up and down and occasionally sideways ... I don't quite know what to make of all this. Menopause? Spring fever? Delayed reaction to the changes of last year? Some days are so great and then others I get all confused about so many things.

I am hoping some of you out there who are my age can tell me this is totally normal ...!!!

In the meantime, to avoid thinking about it all, I knit.

More socks on the way.

4 comments:

shawn said...

What makes you think it is age?? I think that it is because it is 2008. I mean look at what is going on in the world.. Ok, it might be age.. in which case I will be finding out soon enough...
Keep the socks coming..

Dawn said...

Unfortunately it is probably a combination of stress and age. My (previous) boss complained that I was going thru (peri)menopause because of the mood swings. HA!! That was a stress box to live in and finally I got smart and left. More stress came from home and cancer. I think I was entitled to some mood swings and I'm sure you are too!!

Mama Ava said...

I think February and March are hard months, weather-wise. The post-Christmas blahs and the realization that winter is not even close to being over...then add the normal (and sometimes not-so-normal) stresses of life and there you have it!

When I feel this way I always feel childish because I start wishing for someone to make decisions for me and do things for me. Usually it's the dear husband, but there are times when I'm willing to abdicate my responsibilities to a complete stranger!

Dawn said...

The weather definitely is part of the problem. Sometimes I feel so overwhelmed I really wish my parents hadn't been dead by the time we were in our 20's because I just want somebody to be able to lay it all on and give me some comfort, too.