Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Merry Christmas!

We had a good couple of days spent with family, exchanging gifts, greetings, and good wishes. The boys & I were buy until the last minute, finishing up some gifts we made. I made mittens for my sister-in-law and neice, and the boys made beaded book marks for all the relatives - Ty is holding up a handful, making it hard to see, but they were a big hit!

Christmas Eve we spent at our house. Steve came over, too, and we all exchanged gifts.


The boys got Steve an automatic-adjusting wrench, and they got me season 10 of Friends - the final season, which I never saw and so now can satisfy my curiosity about what exactly happened to Monica, Rachel, and all the rest!


The boys got each other Legos ... they didn't even bother wrapping them, just left them in the bright yellow bags and made each other close their eyes when handed the bags to try and inject an element of surprise!

Ben's gift from me came in a huge triangular box -- he called it the industrial strength Toblerone, and that really is what it looked like! (it was two books inside.)


On Christmas morning Santa had come to Steve's so we were all there for the "big" gifts. Both boys got a Nintendo DS ... which is what they really, really wanted (and were pretty confident they were getting), and that was the end of that ... they played pretty much the rest of the day!



In the afternoon we went to Steve's sister's house for lunch, then in the evening we went to my brother's house for dinner - a long, full, day.




More pictures and details coming later :-)

1 comment:

shawn said...

looks like you had a wonderful Christmas.. I know where you got the big box for Ben... I have one too...