Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Skogfjorden 2007


Yesterday I dropped Ben at Norwegian Camp - his fifth year there! I remember the first year ... he was only 7 and went for a full week. At the time it was perfectly normal and all good. Now I can't believe I let my BABY go away for a whole week at the age of 7. Every year I take his picture here to see how he's grown. (this smaller photo is from 2004.) This year when we arrived one of the camp leaders came running up to welcome Ben back - it's so fun to see so many familiar faces - and then exclaimed about how big Ben has gotten since last year! It's true, this has been a good year for growing for B.

Here he is with the camp Director, Tove. She has been working at the camp for over 30 years, and is a special friend for Ben. I know she will watch out for him and take good care of him while he's there. Since I will be in Africa while he is there it's a bit harder (for me, emotionally) this year than previous years. I'm glad Tove is there - I really, really like her.

No comments: