Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Mid-life crisis?

OK, I am detecting a pattern here. It only had to hit me over the head (hey!...)

I have been writing about not being like Jill Ker Conway, not being active enough in causes I believe in, and tonight I saw the movie "The Guardian" (despite it starring Kevin Costner, although he did pretty well here) which is about the rescue swimmers of the Coast Guard, and I came out thinking I need to do something like that -- not spend hours in stormy Alaskan seas, but do something which DIRECTLY and IMMEDIATLY helps others' lives or makes a profound difference in the world.

OK, OK, I may be slow but I am seeing the pattern now.

I turn 45 in a couple of months, seems as good a time as any to have a mid-life crisis. Hopefully this time of crazed thinking will turn into some solid action and bring me some peace ...

No comments: