Wednesday, August 16, 2006

My friend Calandria has the delightful occasional habit of posting recipes that she has tried - sometimes they are family favorites, sometimes something new. She talks about the process of cooking, and almost always has the presence of mind to prepare a plate like a food editor with distinctive tableware or perhaps fresh flowers. I love reading her cooking posts, so was inspired to put in a new recipe that I tried for the first time at the lake last week.

Thai Spiced Barbeque Shrimp

3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp curry paste
1 pound medium shrimp - peeled & deveined

Mix together all ingredients except shrimp in a resealable bag. When mixed well, add shrimp and let marinade at least one hour in the refrigerator.

Preheat grill for high heat. Lightly oil the grate if using skewers, otherwise use a lightly oiled grill basket.

Transfer excess marinade to small saucepan and heat to boiling. Boil 3-5 minutes.

Grill shrimp approximately 3 minutes per side, basting with marinade.

The recipe was quick and easy, and oh-so-delicious! Ben especially loved it as it has a spicy flavor.

Now for the photo. Here's where Calandria has me beat, hands-down.

I forgot. Until after the meal. So, for what it's worth, here is the plate of a satisfied diner!

1 comment:

andalucy said...

Hahahaha! I love that photo! I mean, that food was ENJOYED!

That recipe looks oh-so-delicious. I love shrimp and I love curry. I'll have to try it.

I'm glad you think my food pics are artistic. I got the idea of doing it from Athena (I just realized I need to update the link to her blog on mine). She does some really stylish food pics. My mom used to laugh at me for taking pics of my food but she tried it and now she's hooked, too! It's fun. Food is so wonderful, we need to celebrate it.