Friday, May 08, 2009

In praise of Don Julio

One of the learning experiences I had while in Mexico revolved around tequila. I am not a fan of tequila; the only margaritas I ever order have to be strawberry-flavored with a healthy coating of sugar on the rim of the glass.

But, when in Mexico ... well, it seems slightly unacceptable not to at least try tequila. Thankfully, one of my travel mates, Therese, knows her tequila. We bought two kinds. One (brand? I have no idea!) to make margaritas with, and one (Don Julio .. mmmmmmmmm) to use for shots.

I also don't do shots. (give me beer & wine and I am happy!) But, when in Mexico ... I figured I ought to be open-minded and try it at least once. Here are the 4 of us, after our first shot of Don Julio - in dixie cups, no less, we are classy women.

Do I look like I hated it?!? Seriously, that Don Julio is smooooooooth stuff!

And here we are in the parking lot of the airport. Ready to depart. Still had an inch or so of Don Julio, so what's a girl to do? We got out our dixie cups, Alice carefully divided the tequila, and we had our final shot before leaving the country.
I wasn't able to get a picture of us after this shot, though, as the parking lot security crew was asking us to move along ....

I am now a fan of tequila.

No comments: