Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Reality Shows and Mormons?

In the issue of Newsweek I got today, there is an article called America's Next Top Mormon, which I (of course) read with interest. Frankly, I didn't realize all the people they name in the article who are or have been on reality shows lately are Mormon - generally speaking, denomination of faith doesn't usually come up - but it was an impressive list! And they put forth one viewer's theory that growing up in large families may be what gives the Mormons the edge in a reality show were you have to share close quarters with a lot of people, and going on a mission trip helps you in shows where you are dropped into foreign situations and have to figure out how to manage.

Hmm.

Whatever, I found it interesting.

1 comment:

andalucy said...

You'd think everyone would be getting really sick of us. I know I am. :-)

I saw that article last week. It must have been linked to from this site that has lots of "Mormons in the news" links.

Not to toot our own horn, but Mormons are over-represented in other spheres, too: U.S. politics, the performing arts, pro football, and on the New York Times bestseller list. Stephenie Meyer, Shannon Hale, and Brandon Mull are all Mormon.

Blog Archive